The UCDC Center is located on Scott Circle, a few blocks north of the White House.
Our address is (not your new mailing address, see mail instructions here):UC Washington Center
1608 Rhode Island Avenue, NW
Washington, DC, 20036
There are three major airports that are close to DC, all of which have several options of ground transportation to get you to UCDC:
From Ronald Reagan/National Airport
- Taxis: Taxis are located curbside throughout the airport. Approximate rate is $18-20.
- Super Shuttle: Super Shuttle is located in baggage claim. The fare for one passenger is approximately $14. Use the discount code "3RNPL" for 10% off.
- Metro: Take the Blue Line from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport to Farragut West, which is walking distance to the center.
From Dulles International Airport
- Taxis: The Washington Flyer Taxi is the only taxi company that travels from Dulles Airport, and can be found in the ground transportation center near baggage claim. Approximate rate is $56.
- Supper Shuttle: Super Shuttle is located in the ground transportation center near baggage claim. The fare for one passenger is approximately $30. Use the discount code "3RNPL" for 10% off.
- Public Transportation:
- Silver Line Express Bus runs directly from Dulles International Airport to Wiehle-Reston East Metro Station. You can then take the Silver Line to Farragut North, which is a metro station within walking distance (~15 minute walk). Fare for the bus is $5 (cash or credit card), and the fare from Wiehle-Reston to Farragut West is $6.
- Additionally, Metrobus 5A travels to L’Enfant Plaza, which is on the Orange and Blue Lines, both of which travel to Farragut West. The fare is $6.
From Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshal Airport
- Taxis: The taxi stand is located just outside of baggage claim. Approximate rate is $90.
- Super Shuttle: Super Shuttle is located in baggage claim. The fare for one passenger is approximately $37. Use the discount code "3RNPL" for 10% off.
- Trains: MARC and Amtrak trains provide free shuttle service to the BWI Marshall Rail Station, from which you can take MARC or Amtrak trains to Union Station, which is off of the Red Line. Take Union Station to Dupont Circle or Farragut North, which are both walking distance from the center. The MARC Penn Line is a commuter train, which only run during the weekdays and cost $6. See the Amtrak website for fares.
Before you go out and explore your new surroundings, make sure that you are aware of the following dates and times.
Move-in dates for students are the following:
|2019 Summer Semester||June 1-2|
|2019 Summer Quarter||June 15-16|
Residential Life staff has tables set up in the lobby during scheduled check-in hours from 8 AM - 10 PM during the move-in dates. It is your responsibility to arrive during scheduled check-in hours.
If you miss the scheduled check-in hours, the Security Officer on duty will issue your access items, but you will need to see a Residential Life staff to complete your check-in. If you move in on Saturday night after 10 PM, you need to come down to the lobby the next day, Sunday, June 2, during scheduled check-in hours. If you move in on Sunday night, you need to come to the 4th floor Residential Life Office (room 413) during posted business hours to complete your check-in.
Move-in for Extended Students is listed on your housing contract.
Want to know what to expect in your new living space? Review the apartment information here.
Students are also required to attend a mandatory (residential and academic) orientation session the Monday following move-in weekend. Dates are listed here.
*To see Move-in and Orientation dates for another quarter or semester, see the Academic Calendar
You can purchase SmarTrip® cards at dispensers in the Dupont Circle or Farragut West Metro Stations. They are also available for online purchase. UCDC highly recommends registering SmarTrip® cards online, so you can transfer balances between cards.
Hungry and Want a Quick Bite?
If you're heading back from work or you're coming back from a night out, we have several CVS stores nearby to relieve that craving for a quick bite. If you're already in the Center, visit our Avenue C for a variety of microwaveable meals and snacks. CVS stores are also great when Avenue C is closed during weekends.
Hungry and Want to Stay In?
If you’re in the mood to spend a quite evening in your apartment, but need groceries, there are five grocery stores nearby:
1400 7th Street NW
Washington, DC 20001
1440 P Street Northwest
Washington, DC, 20005
1914 14th Street NW
Washington DC 20009
1101 25th Street NW
Washington, DC 20037
Hungry and Want to Go Out?
There are weekly "Food Place Of the Week" flyers on each residential floor's bulletin board, so feel free to check out its recommendations!
You can start trying to fit in with the locals by sampling one of the Washington Post’s 40 Dishes Every Washingtonian Must Try, or you can stick closer to home with some of our former residents’ favorite cheaper eats:
Shophouse Southeast Asian Kitchen: From the inventor of Chipotle, this new restaurant recently opened up in Dupont Circle. 1516 Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20036
Julia’s Empanadas: Inexpensive and delicious, this has long been a UCDC favorite. 1221 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036
Chop’t Salad: In the mood for salad? This place may not be the cheapest on our list, but it’s quick and healthy. 1300 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036
Taylor Gourmet: Even President Obama enjoys a Taylor Gourmet sandwich once in a while. 1200 19th Street NW, Washington DC 20036
Need a Couple Things for Your Apartment?
There is a Target, Marshalls, Best Buy, and Bed Bath & Beyond located at the Columbia Heights Metro Station (you have to transfer from the Red/Orange/Blue Lines to the Yellow/Green Line).
The address for Target is 3100 14th Street, Washington, DC 20010. This address will take you to the plaza with the other stores. There are plenty food places nearby as well!