Students wishing to print at UCDC must first add money to their Pay-for-Print account. Once they have done this, they can print from the 3rd Floor Computer Lab. Students can also print double-sided as well as staple their documents. Student copying can also be done in the 3rd Floor Computer Lab.
Faculty and Staff have access to the UCDC printer network. Copies can be made with a departmental access code.
The UC Washington Center provides printing services to students enrolled in the UCDC academic program and to faculty and staff.
Students may use the pay-for-print system available in the Student Computer Lab on the 3rd floor to print or copy. Your UCDC Student ID is your pay-for-print card. On the back is a unique identifier and bar code that identifies your pay-for-print account. The cost for printing is 5¢ per page.
The VIRTUAL CASH ACCEPTOR is located on the 1st Lobby in front of the Security Desk.
Scan the Barcode on the back of your UCDC ID card.
Insert $1 or $5 bills only (You will not receive change from bills inserted).
To print from a workstation in the Student Computer Lab, please follow the instructions below.
- Click on File or if printing from Microsoft Word click on the File Button
- Select Print
- Select 3rd floor Printer
- Click OK to print
- A pop-up window will come up. Enter your firstname.lastname@example.org and password
- Go to the Print Release computer station next to printer to scan your student ID Card
- Scan the barcode on the back of your Student ID Card with the card scanner
You may print double-sided or staple pages with the printer in the 3rd floor Student Computer Lab. Here's how.
- After selecting a printer, click on the Properties (PC) or Preference (Mac) button.
- To print double-sided: select the Finishing tab and check Print on both sides
- Click OK twice
- To staple pages: select the Output tab and select One Staple Angled from the pull-down menu
- Click OK twice
- Press Start (green button) or select Copy on the touchscreen
- Use the Keypad to enter the ID number on the back of you UCDC ID
- Select Paper Size (There is only one size paper available)
- Select the number of Copies
- Press Start to begin copying
- When done, press Home
Faculty and staff with UCDC network accounts may use UCDC's network printers or copiers. Network printers and copiers are available on the 2nd and 3rd floors. The copiers require that you enter a departmental access code on the keypad before use. Your program or unit will be billed for each page that you print or copy. It costs 5¢ per page for B/W prints and copies. 9¢ per page for color prints. You may contact Mary Byrne at email@example.com or 202-974-6205 for a departmental copy code.